What is covered in the day retreat?
- Chi Gong techniques for longevity and energy
- Gua Sha Facial – Facial and Facial Massage with Jade Stone
- Nutritional & lifestyle tips on beauty
- Delicious vegetarian lunch
- Guided Rainforest Walk
- Healing magnesium, alkalized foot bath and Mindfulness Meditation
- Ancient Chinese Tea Ceremony
What are the Benefits of the day?
- Learn techniques to help with anti-ageing at home
- Learn Qigong techniques to implement into your exercise regime
- Lower stress levels and anxiety
- Improved self-esteem
- Gain knowledge of the anti-ageing process
- Improve overall wellbeing and health
- Gain immediate visible results of tighten and lifted skin after your facial
What participants will experience:
- Experience moments of self-care, rest and connection with yourself and nature
- Participate in an ancient tea ceremony
- Learn tools and skills to apply in your daily beauty routine at home and while traveling
- Gain an understanding of the true value of skin care and healing the body from within
- Gain an understanding of what happens when your Qi is out of balance and how to correct it
- Learn how to establish an at home practice for anti-aging and how to deal with the obstacles that arise such as breakouts and blackheads
What is a Gua Sha Facial
Facial Gua Sha is an ancient scraping massage technique developed by Traditional Chinese Medicine. It began as a treatment done solely on the body to improve blood circulation, move lymphatic stagnation and release muscle tension. Over time, a much gentler version was created for the face that involves a light gliding motion to tone, lift, and smooth the skin. Tools of various shapes made of crystal such as jade or rose quartz are used with light pressure in an upward and outward movement.
The aim is to de-puff the face by facilitating lymphatic drainage into the neck and bring fresh blood & nutrients to the skin for that healthy glow.
As you gently scrape the skin, micro-circulation is improved, which brings oxygenated blood to the dermal layers clearing congestion, stimulating cell renewal and brightening your complexion. This rush of blood brings nutrients that make cell regeneration and tissue repair much more efficient, which is extremely helpful if you’re recovering from acne or trying to get rid of acne scars.
Overall, it’s an incredibly easy addition to your morning or evening skin routine that takes 5 minutes and will give you a visible lift and glow each time.
What is Qigong?
Qigong is an ancient Chinese health care system that integrates physical postures, breathing techniques and focused intention.
The word Qigong (Chi Kung) is made up of two Chinese words. Qi is pronounced chee and is usually translated to mean the life force or vital-energy that flows through all things in the universe. The second word, Gong, pronounced gung, means accomplishment, or skill that is cultivated through steady practice. Together, Qigong (Chi Kung) means cultivating energy, it is a system practiced for health maintenance, healing and increasing vitality.
Qigong creates an awareness of and influences dimensions of our being that are not part of traditional exercise programs. Most exercises do not involve the meridian system used in acupuncture nor do they emphasize the importance of adding mind intent and breathing techniques to physical movements.
The gentle, rhythmic movements of Qigong reduce stress, build stamina, increase vitality, and enhance the immune system. It has also been found to improve cardiovascular, respiratory, circulatory, lymphatic and digestive functions.
Sandy has that warm healing touch that nurtures the body and rejuvenates the spirit. Hailing from Taiwan, she is trained in the ancient art of Oriental Meridian Massage and has specialized in this unique form of therapy for over 20 years. Sandy has been using Gua Sha techniques in her facial and body massages throughout her whole career.
In Australia, Sandy is a qualified Remedial Massage Therapist, specializing in the Brandon Naylor Technique and facial lymphatic drainage. Sandy has been teaching and practicing the ancient form of Qigong for the past 25 years.
Ananda Rainforest Retreat is nestled in the untouched rainforest of Currumbin Valley. The picturesque mountain valley provides the perfect back drop for guests to forget about the stresses of everyday life. While taking part in the retreat you will find yourself immerse in the wonder of nature. Ananda has beautiful rainforest walks with some of the most spectacular viewing platforms in South East Queensland. From the second you set foot on the property you can feel the great healing power this place holds.